In no particular order, here are the other things that are going on around here this week:
- My best friend has returned from two weeks in New Mexico. I have missed her and can’t wait to catch up with her.
- The kittens under our deck seem to realize that I = food. Therefore, they’re cautiously friendly around me. Oh, they still hiss at me, but they’re so small that the hissing is almost comical.
- I have suddenly found myself in demand as a committee member. Initially I spent a lot of time questioning exactly why I suddenly was being asked to be on this board or that committee, but have since decided to just roll with it. I may make some contacts that help me out in the future.
- I have committed myself to $1000 in plane tickets for our annual fall trip to Florida. If any of you out there hold any sway with the weather, I’d appreciate your directing the hurricanes away from the southern Gulf coast during the month of October.
- Spawn will be starting soccer in about a month. I really resisted becoming a soccer mom but the kid managed to wear me down and so I’ll be the one on the sidelines with a juice box and a good book.
- Spawn lost another tooth yesterday. This makes seven the kid has lost so far. Apples and corn on the cob have been challenges this summer. And of course the Tooth Fairy has set the gold standard at our house by giving out a gold dollar coin for each tooth, so at this rate the kid is getting rich and the Tooth Fairy is going broke. Except for the gold Canadian dollar she managed to sneak in there at some point since she didn’t have time to get an American gold dollar at the bank one day. God save the Queen.
That’s all I’ve got today.